Most property damage and insurance claims could be prevented or at least lessened. Did you know? If your home is not occupied or watched by someone reliable on a regular basis, your insurance company may consider it a vacant or abandoned property and deny any insurance claim? If you ever need to file an insurance claim, our documentation will confirm your home has been under regular surviellance while you were away.
You've invested in property worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for your piece of "Paradise"....
Help protect your property and keep it safe & secure.
What can happen… while your home is vacant?
Here are a few example problems, pulled from my old file, that occurred to former home watch customers BEFORE they asked for my help.
The power goes out and the food in the refrigerator & freezer spoils. The appliances get full of maggots and the home is permeated with a horrible odor.
Papers and throw-aways accumulate in the driveway indicating the home is vacant and could be a possible target for a break in.
Wind storm blows a branch through a window. Rain ruins wall, flooring and more.
Pool service quits and pool turns green, runs low on water and pump burns out.
Storm blows roof shingle off and rain leaks in. Ruins ceiling, walls, carpet and furnishings. Possible mold issues.
Power surge caused electrical breaker to trip turning power off to appliances and the air conditioning system. Mold & mildew everywhere.
Package delivered and left by front door. Package missing, most likely stolen.
Air conditioning condensate line plugs, water backs up and leaks on ceiling. Ceiling falls down, water ruins ceiling, carpet and walls become full of mold.
Customer is in Chicago. Left passports in home in Holmes Beach and is leaving for Europe in 48 hours. Needs me to get passports and overnight to customer.
Raccoon gets in house and “eats & tears up” the inside of the home.
Here’s what I can do for you!
Monthly service needs can vary for each customer. $80 – $125 per month will cover all of your needs, not a high price to have me check your home weekly and help keep your major investment safe & secure.
- Collect mail, put inside or take with me for security.
- Pick up newspapers & flyers thrown in the driveway – don’t advertise you’re not there
- Check for any package deliveries
- Walk around perimeter checking general security of home, signs of forced entry, vandalism, check windows, doors, etc.
- Check windows and doors locked
- Check overall property condition, signs of storm damage, wind or water damage
- Check screened lanai or pool enclosures
- Check water level in pool & fill as needed
- Check to see service providers are giving you the service you are paying for (pool, lawn & irrigation, etc)
- I’ll be your local emergency contact
- Your property looks more like it is occupied
- Put trash & recyclables on street on pick up days
- Bring in trash cans after emptied
- Check phones for dial tone and messages. Forward messages if desired
- Air conditioning operating and set correctly
- Doors & windows locked and secure
- Inspect interior for moisture problems and plumbing failures
- Check for moisture problems and plumbing failures
- Check for water leaks from interior sources like hot water tank, A/C system, toilets, etc.
- Check for signs of mold or mildew
- See that smoke detectors operate correctly
- Check refrigerator and freezer are operating correctly
- Set security lighting to customer’s wishes
- Run water in faucets, shower, tub and flush toilets to keep everything working properly to help prevent dried seals and gaskets.
- Run dishwasher & garbage disposal through quick cycle to help prevent dried seals
- Check for evidence of insect or rat infestation
- Check home for cleanliness and condition after authorized visitors. Ensure home is locked and secure upon vacancy.
- Start garaged vehicles to keep them charged and running
- Check that docked boats are secure
- I’ll be your local emergency contact and your home will look occupied